Tag Archives: Project

Polymer Project: Day 3

April 10th

Creating Our Own Polymer

Since we have completed our polymer design, Matthew and me are now going to make an advertising video for our product, The CCC(Cool, Cup, Cushion). In our video, we decided to start out with problems without our product. Then we would tell the audience we have a way to solve this problem, and it was by using our polymer product! After introducing our product, we showed them how our product will solve the problem with an example. Lastly, Matthew and I did interviews of ourselves talking about the uses and pros and cons of our product, doing this would help the audience understand our product even better. Then of course, when you’re having fun, time goes by fast, and the class ended. I personally think the most difficult part of making the video was the recordings, since we kept laughing in the process for literally no reason.

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 4.47.05 PM

(Polymer)

 

 

Photo on 4-13-15 at 4.28 PM

(How it looks when it’s being used)

 

Polymer Project: Day 1

March 30th

Creating Our Own Polymer

 

Could you believe it? My team has been hired by the Inventions and Innovations Company “Dream On” to design a polymer product that will have a real-world impact! Today we were split into groups of two and each group had to create their own special polymer. Except the problem for Matthew and me was, what are we going to make? This question got us thinking; we currently don’t actually have any ideas yet so we decided to research a little bit. After quite a while, we decided we wanted to make a polymer that could stick things together, almost like a blue tag. This polymer will help stick something to another thing, for example if you want to put a poster up on the wall, you can use this polymer to help you. We would have many different colors of the polymer we are creating because different people will use it for different things, and some people might like this color, and some people might like the other color. We have our idea ready, but how are we going to make it able to stick with other things? We actually had no idea so Matthew and I decided to do different tests. We got our lab coats and got to work. Matthew got a little of everything because we weren’t very sure what was needed. After adding some glue, borax, liquid starch, and some cornstarch, we created something very weird. I think we might have added too much glue because it was very sticky and disgusting. Before we could try again, time flew by too fast, class already ended. For day 1, we only got one trial done and it didn’t really work out. I think this polymer we are trying to make is a little difficult, if we still cannot get it next time, we might have to find another idea.

scientist_4301

Here is where I found my image.