Bottle Rocket Experiment

November 17, 2016

Day 1: Today we built our rocket and experimented. The bottle popped when we tried because we did not have enough vinegar.


Day 2: Today we experimented and tried to set it on a chair so it might fly further. We were not succesful, similar to the last time the bottle exploded while on the chair.


Day 3: We experimented using our revised rocket but we did not succeed, we used a rubber cork which wasn’t tight enough so the vinegar and baking soda inside the bottle ended up spilling. Instead of flying, the bottle exploded.


Day 4: Today was our last day for the bottle project. We used our bottle design from the previous time and experimented, we succeeded in the final experimentation! We tightened the rubber cork instead of putting it on loosely, and we glued cardboard pieces onto the bottle so it would stand by itself.



Day 12

May 12, 2016

Today was our last day for recording our planting before the summer! We watered them as usual, and made sure they were growing healthily. They are making slow progress so it is unlikely we will cook with the plants we planted.

IMG_2435 2

Day 11

May 12, 2016

Today was our second last day for watering our plants, we watered them as usual and they are making good progress. Although, it is slow progress, it is still progress.

IMG_2373 3

Day 10

May 12, 2016

We watered our plants as usual and they are growing very healthy!


Day 9

May 10, 2016

Our plants are making really really slow progress. We watered them as usual today and made sure that they are growing healthily and okay.



Day 8

May 6, 2016

Our plats have made progress since last week! They have sprouted really well and we are really pleased.



Day 7

April 29, 2016

Our plants are making significant progress, They are starting to grow taller and are sprouting quicker than previously, we are very happy with the progress they have been making. We watered them slightly more than usual because we will not be able to water them until Wednesday, so hopefully they stay alive.


Day 6

April 29, 2016

We are really happy with the progress the tomatoes, spinach, and bell peppers have made since last week. At the start of planting, we were convinced that we had failed because our plants were making minimal progress. But we are really satisfied with how the tomatoes, spinach, and bell peppers are turning out!



Day 5

April 28, 2016

Today our tomatoes, spinach, and bell peppers have finally started showing, they have made lots of progress in the previous week we are really happy about the progress!


Day 4

April 28, 2016

The tomatoes, bell peppers, and spinach are sprouting. The most prominent sprout is the spinach, the other’s are concealed by the fertilizer. We are happy that the vegetables are at least growing and that our gardening did not fail. We watered it and made sure that it would keep itself alive until our watering session next week. We hope that the bell peppers and tomatoes will begin to show!

IMG_2111 3