Reasons why you should read The Words of Radiance
- Character Development: One of the best thing about the Words of Radiances is how well the author developed his characters. This book is very interesting becasue it has 4 major characters, and each character has their own unique story line. All of the characters are a dynamic, round, and unique character. They all started out separated, but as the rising action started to built up, the characters started to unite. In addition all the characters have their own motivations and goals, separate from the other characters, but still affecting each other. This was one of the best part of this book.
- Unique storylines: Similar to the first, the unique storylines are also another major part of this book. If the author made all of these characters but only one major storyline, it would have been hard to keep the audiences attention. However, the unique storylines is what keeps people interested in the book.
- Interesting Conflict: One of the biggest types of conflict in fantasy is person vs. person usually through things like wars and battles. However in the Words of Radiance they incorporate all types of conflict very well into this book. One of the types of conflict they have is person vs. society, especially in Dalinar’s storyline. For example in his storyline he is one of the high-princes of the kingdom. However people consider him mad because of the visions he has had 2. He then has to persuade all of them to join him in order to save their kingdom. This conflict started in the previous book and has flowed into this book. Another type that has been incorporated into this book is person vs. self. In the book many of the characters have the internal conflicts, which make the book interesting
- Suspense: One thing that makes readers want to read on is the suspense that books give. This book is no different. This is one of those books that is always wanting to make you read more. They have a lot of great suspense in this books making the audience always wonder what is going to happen next.
- Interludes: Probably the most interesting thing about this book that I have never seen in any other book is interludes. These interludes are similar to side stories, and in a small way relating to the plot, but told by different characters and not focused on the main plot. After certain sections of the book the author includes three interludes. These interludes are interesting, and feels like taking a little break to read something different.