This is my final design. I found thinner axels which could fit real wheels onto, so I decided to abandon the bottle caps and replace them, except these wheels were also light, they weren’t heavy like my first design’s wheels. And now my car looks more aesthetically appealing.
How my car works: So it works by wind power, and it shows the transfer of potential energy to kinetic energy. So when the propeller is wound up, the elastic band which its connected to builds up potential energy, and once the propeller is released, all of the potential energy inside the elastic band gets released and spins the propeller so fast that it moves the car forward. This car motion is the kinetic energy.
Some areas of my process in which I was successful was the part where I managed to improve my design so it would be more aesthetically appealing. I was really worried about how the bottle caps would make the car look ugly, and so I’m proud that I managed to make the design look better. I’m also proud of my time management during this project because sometimes I don’t really manage my time well, and knowing that I had missed 2 classes already, I’m glad I managed to finish my project before the deadline.
I think an improvement I should’ve done since the beginning is that I should’ve recorded more photos and videos of my design process. I should’ve taken a photo at least of my first design so I could’ve shown the process better.
This is a test of my final design: