ONEDAY: Dance performance- Genesis

During the project, our group, ‘Genesis’ danced to 2 different K-Pop songs Shangri-La by VIXX and Crazy by 4minute. We decided to do this project because all of us like to dance to K-Pop songs and we feel more like us when we dance to the same choreography as each other.

To start of our project, we had to choose the songs we are going to dance to. In the beginning, we chose a song that was more energetic and addictive. However, when we went through the first minute of the song, we realized this song wasn’t challenging at all for us. We went through the minute of the song in 40 minutes. To make OneDay more interesting and challenging for us, we decided to dance to 2 different songs with a different style of music which had difficult choreography. Then, we made the mashup of the 2 songs. With all of the music and the choreography video ready, we started to learn the dance.

The first song, Shangri-La by VIXX is a song that is about a boy expressing his love towards the girl that he likes by telling her that she is his day and night and he needs her in his deep heart too. With this kind of lyrics, the mood of the song became more peaceful and elegant feeling. On the other side of the hand, our second song which was Crazy by 4minute was a song about a girl that shows off and tells people what she is an awesome girl that would make anyone crazy with her and fall in love with her. With the lyrics mostly being about crazy, the song is really powerful. The 2 different songs have a completely different mood which gives a huge impact on the audience.

As a final product, we performed to the whole ‘Just Dance’ crew our final dance. This is the performance we did:

During the whole OneDay project, we learned how to dance to different moods of the song at once.

Dangers of using substances for body shape


Altering body shape using the substance is very dangerous. However, lots of teenagers are still using those things alter their body just because they believe that it will make them look better. Experienced people say that they don’t get to focus on the things they have to if they are too worried about their appearance. Substances like diet pills and steroids have lots of side effects including irritability, aggressiveness, mood swings, acne, changes in sex organs, hair loss, and addiction. Not only physical changes, they might also cause restlessness, dizziness, and insomnia. Like this, they will negatively affect both physical and mental health. As soon as we start taking it, we will get tolerance which will make you take it more and more. Therefore, exercise and eating healthy food rather than just taking those medicine will give better results at the last.

Ignite week [Up-cycle old furniture Reflection]

During Ignite week, I had a chance to upcycle old furniture into a new, useful thing. In my case, I made a modern clock out of a broken table legs. I succeed in cutting the thick wood into 9 cube-shaped boxes and sand them. I put them all together and made decorations with laser cut acrylic. Challenges that I faced was finding ways to hang the clock on the wall and ways to connect mechanism to the body of the clock. I solved those challenges by screwing the hook into the wood. For the challenge of connecting, I dug a box to make mechanism is able to be hidden inside the centerpiece. Then I made a hole in the middle of the box so the hands of the clock come out. I also grew in creativity and innovation, my chosen L21 focus area. I was able to interest my target audience and gained the ability to select the best one from many different ideas. Overall, I could learn many different skills throughout the week. The most remember-able skill was learning how to use a drill. It helped me make a whole for any place I want. It also helped to screw in and out. It would be valuable in future because we can do lots of different things with the drill. Table saw was also shocking for me. It cut out the thick wood very straight in a very short time. I couldn’t use table saw by myself because it was too dangerous for young people to touch. I wish I could have a chance to use it after I grow up. It was nice to learn how to use woodworking tools and I liked the idea of upcycling old furniture.

Space race project Reflection

Our group created a rover which will land on Gliese 667 CC, an exoplanet to figure out if it is suitable for human existence. We succeed on making a great rover that has a temperature sensor and can move in different directions. We felt getting budgets and technology were most challenging. During this project, I developed in my creativity. I was able to advance my own opinion about making rover more efficient. There were a lot of skills that I learned during this project that would be valuable for me in the future such as getting to know how to 3D print, laser cut and code. Those skills will help me in the future while designing and making lots of different things.


Mentoring Trip Reflection

Last week, grade 8 students had a trip to Shi Men Shan, a beautiful village with amazing mountain view. During the trip, we were able to experience lots of things like climbing up the rocky mountains and building a bamboo raft to travel across the coast. In those activities, students all had to work together as a group to achieve success. I think working as a group made me improve on communication. For example, my rafting group tried to solve out the problems by communicating when we faced challenges and was able to build a succeedable bamboo raft. However, I was still struggling with the leadership. I didn’t really have the clarity to know the right things to do and motivate others. I think I have to work on it so I can show more leadership next time. Overall, I think the trip was amazing and I wish that I am able to have another trip soon.