browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

Create and Improve #3

Posted by on January 18, 2019

Day 5:

The first prototype was experimented. However, the energy potential car was spinning in circles which wasn’t my expectation.

IMG_2710 2

The above movie shows the car spinning in circles.

I decided to change the length of the rubber band to change the amount of rotations/spins it can do. 

During the process:

 

By changing the length, I then used the same steps to build up the energy potential car and ended up with this: 

After making a few changes, I re-experimented my prototype which was a success. The energy potential car moved forwards in a steady position which was my expectation. By having the wooden stick spinning, it would have the rubber band to curl around and create elastic energy. As soon as I let go of the car, it would start moving forwards using kinetic energy. This shows the energy transfer of elastic energy to kinetic energy.

IMG_2711

The above movie shows the car going in a straight direction.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *