- Connect with the conflict. Write a text-to-self response in which you connect with the protagonist’s struggle to overcome one of the conflicts listed in the definitions above. Who or what is the main character struggling against? Ask yourself if you’ve also struggled in the same way. Your first paragraph must explore one type of conflict in your independent novel and provide MLA formatted quotesto show your understanding of the type of conflict. Your second paragraph should be a much longer paragraph, in which you describe your own struggle to overcome the same type of conflict that the protagonist struggles to overcome. Include specific examples from your own life.
My book is “The Son Of Neptune”, in this book there are many conflicts.
– Hazel remembered this from her own arrival. A lot of kids brought letters from older demigods in the outside world, adults who were veterans of the camp. Some recruits had rick and famous sponsors. Some were third or fourth-generation campers. A good letter could get you a position in the better cohorts, sometimes even special jobs like legion messenger, which made you exempt from the grunt work like digging ditches or conjugating Latin verbs. – What’s wrong for Hazel?
– Hazel couldn’t leave him hanging. She stepped out of like and said, “ What Frank means is that Percy saved both our lives. I am a full member of the legion. I will stand for Percy Jackson.
Frank glanced at her gratefully, but the other campers started to mutter. Hazel was barely eligible. She’d only gotten her stripe a earned it for her had been mostly an accident. Besides, she was a daughter of Pluto, and a member of the disgraced Fifth Cohort. She wasn’t doing Percy much of a favor by giving him her support. – Why Frank glanced at her gratefully?
– Reyna looked at Percy with pity. “ Congratulations, Percy Jackson. You stand on probatio. You will be given a tablet with your name you complete an act of valor, you will become a full member of the Twelfth Legion Fulminata. Serve Rome, obey the rules of the legion, and defend the camp with honor Senatus Populusque Romanus!” – Reyna is sad some word about Percy
– Hazel waved at Percy, who made his way through the crowd with Nico at his side. To Hazel’s surprise, Nico was beaming at her.
“Good job, Sis,”he said. “ That took guts, standing for him.”
He had never called her Sis before. She wondered if that was what he had called Bianca.
One of the guards had given Percy his probation nameplate. Percy strung it on his leather necklace with strange beads.
“Thanks, Hazel,” he said. “Um, what exactly does it mean – your standing for me?”
“I guarantee your good behavior,” Hazel explained. “ I teach you the rules, answer your questions, make sure you don’t disgrace the legion.”
“ And . . . if I do something wrong?”
“ Then I get killed along with you,”Hazel said. “ Hungry? Let’s eat.” – Percy and Hazel is talking each other and they solve the things.