Overall, I really enjoyed this project. I really liked drawing and planning my skateboard and seeing the finished product. I was very proud of it, and I really like the work and effort I put into the skateboard + its finishing touches.
I started off with a prototype. This was a paper cut out with my planned design on it. This was Develop and Plan. Second, I then copied my design to my board after using the paper cut out as a reference. I used graphite paper to trace it onto my skateboard. This was Create and Improve. After that, I duct taped out my caracal and then spray painted a gradient from blue > orange > red. After that, I used paint markers to create my design, orange with white and the flowers. There was one thing I could have done, which was coloring it first before outlining it. Because I didn’t do this, the paint markers ended up smudging. Then, there was a challenge. I didn’t like the other side of my skateboard and so I spray painted over it with a dark blue. I sprayed too much and ended up making it drip; it had an uneven texture. I sanded it down, and then repainted it. I added wheels, and then it was finished 🙂
Skills I learned
I learned a lot of skills during this project. I learned how to spray paint and learned how to use other materials, such as paint markers, and using masking tape to spray over the subject without spray painting it.
There was a lot of things I enjoyed. I really enjoyed working on my skateboard and painting it, and I also really liked the gradient I made. However, the whole experience was the highlight and I feel really proud of my skateboard.