1rst: finished with the felt! 2nd: testing out glue
3rd: hung up with a pipe cleaner. 4th: original
We finished the felt today by cutting it in the same shape of the icons and adding the same holes. We were going to use hot glue but it popped out and we didn’t like it’s messiness, so we used white glue instead. It was also a bit messy but it felt a little better to use. After fastening it onto a basket, we used pipe cleaner. Zip ties were too complicated and hard to get off and rings were too low. That’s also what they look like on the basket.
The highlight for me was probably creating them in Illustrator. It was really fun and challenging to make it so that the icons I made were able to be cut safely. A challenge was probably gluing them on since you had to match up the holes. In the end, it really turned out enjoyable and pretty.