The cockroach robot

February 23rd, 2016

Scientists are making a robot that would change save people from many disasters. It is- The cockroach robot! Cockroaches may be disgusting. However, they can squish their bodies down to one-fourth of their regular size. They can scamper at lightning speed. Also, they can withstand 900 times their body weight without being hurt. The amount of weight they can withstand is like a man who weighs 200 pounds and is not crushed by 15 African elephants on his head. The cockroach can travel 50 body lengths in a second. The speed is like a human running more than 140 mph. When they squat down, the cockroach can travel 20 body lengths in a second. It is still pretty fast. Scientists in the past have tried to make robots to get into tight places. The scientists thought about soft animals like slugs that can change their shapes. However, the cockroach is even better. It is hard to smash and it is very fast.

I think it is a very good idea because the robots can go into places where humans cannot, like cracks and broken windows. But still, people hate cockroaches. I think this robot would change that because if your enemy saved your life, would you be friends with him (or her)?

6 Responses to “The cockroach robot”

1. Christina Lin [STUDENT] on February 24, 2016 12:46 am

I agree with you Robinson because it’ll save people’s lives more and people might be more fond of the cockroaches and robots.

2. Angeluna on February 24, 2016 12:49 am

Cool! I agree with what you said, it will be a very good idea if the scientists make robots because they usually can do things that humans can’t.

3. Taylor Kim [STUDENT] on February 24, 2016 12:51 am

WOW! I didn’t know that a cockroach robot will go 50m/per sec. I think that a cockroach robot would repair small cracks that humams can’t go in.

4. Taylor Monroe [STUDENT] on February 24, 2016 1:00 am

Well I would want a cockroach robot because it could save my life.

5. elliot.houghton on February 24, 2016 1:00 am

Cool article i agree with you they can defintlily be useful and help a lot of people with their speed and strength.

6. joshua.garber on February 24, 2016 1:02 am

I like what you did with the robot cockroach idea because maybe robot cockroaches can save lives.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS