I decided to make my own scrapbook about my favorite K-POP star. It is because I really like looking at their photos and videos, and I want to keep my thinkings and feelings with the photos inside the scrapbook.
Finished cutting pictures and stick it on the scrapbook.
Made inside papers
I think I did well on decorating the scrapbook I made some pop-ups in my book to put some more pictures in limited space. I used colors that represent each member to make it. Also, on the side of the scrapbook, I decorated it with each member’s symbol.
Side of my scrapbook
I learnt that it is important to measure the size of the papers that are going to be on the scrapbook first and then print the pictures. I printed lots of pictures at first, not thinking about the sizes, and it was too big for making the scrapbook. I had to make the pages again to make my pictures fit.
I had to write words on the black papers because I didn’t think about writing on it. But I didn’t have any white pens or white markers to write on it. So, I just used my liquid white-out to write some words, and for the parts that need many words, I made speech bubbles to write with my black pen.
I believe that one-day is important because it makes us think what we really want to do. Doing one-day, we(students) can think about what we want to do maybe even in the future. Also, we can express our whole talent and ability in making our own things. This is why I think one-day is important.
This is the final prototype we made after testing the first one. My partner and I used velcro to make the prototype reusable and easy to stick.
This is what we chose to make on the top of the cup. To keep the heat inside, we have to cover the whole part, but we also need the part to drink. So, we cut off some part to drink.
The cup insulator my group made is called “a nice cup of tea.” We made 3 layers of material on the side and 2 layer for the lid and 3 layers at the bottom. We put 3 layers of Cotton, Black Felt, and thick Paper to prevent the heat loss inside the cup. Also, on the lid, we put 2 layers of rubber and foil to absorb heat from the outside using black rubber. At the bottom, we wanted to keep the coolness out so we put mylar. We used mylar because mylar absorbs heat faster than other materials.
This is our sketch. The first box is my own idea and the second box is our final idea. And the last box is the procedure we had to follow.
This is my group’s final prototype. I am proud of how we used our knowledge we learned from the penguin challenge. I tested many different kinds of materials and learned what material is going to absorb heat and what will not. First time when I made the prototype, it didn’t have a bottom. But the teacher gave the feedback to make the bottom to avoid the coolness coming from the desk. The hardest thing about this project was that we needed to think about the design. To make people buy our prototype in the store, we needed to make it clean enough. And after we made the second prototype, I just realized that we could put some design on it to make it prettier.
My design challenge was making brown water into clean transparent water. At first, our FILTER was only filtering big and small rocks, but using cotton (clothes), we finally filtered the color(with impurities) of the water.