Since we have upgraded the online version of our school email to Office 365, you might have found it difficult to open Microsoft Office documents that you have downloaded. This could be because you have not updated to Office 2016 yet. This post will explain how to install Office 2016 from Self Service. If you use Outlook, there is also directions on how to configure your Outlook account towards the end of the post.
1. Go to Self Service and Open.
2. Go to Base Applications and install “Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac”.
3. Go to “Applications” Folder
4. Find “Microsoft Office 2011” and Move to Trash.
5. Empty Trash.
To configure your Outlook Email account, please do the following:
1. Open up to Outlook
2. Verify Certificate (if needed) Click “Continue”
3. Go to Outlook tab and click “Preferences”
4. Click on “Accounts”
5. Click on “Exchange or Office 365” and enter required information. Click “Add Account”
6. Check the “Always use my response for this server” and “Allow” (2 times)
7. Outlook will start to pull your email from our servers. First time installation may take a few minutes.