Here are some recommendations for how to get the most from Seesaw in the upcoming Student Led Conferences. We would love to help you in any way we can – invite us to a team meeting, make a time for a one-to-one chat, or invite us to your class to guide student activities.
How can Seesaw enhance SLCs?
- Begin by creating an “SLC 2018” folder for students to categorise their most effective SLC posts
- Establish criteria that leads students through the process of reviewing their Seesaw journal and curating posts that highlight their learning most effectively;
- Posts that demonstrate individualised student choice
- A range of in progress and finished works (formative/summative, process/showcase)
- Work across a range of L21 Skills and disciplines
- A demonstration of incremental learning over different timeframes
- Once students have added their best posts to the “SLC 2018” folder, they should review each post to make sure that the point they wish to articulate in the conference is clearly communicated (this could work well as a peer feedback/critique activity).
- Students can then create a new comment with appropriate reflection and clarification if necessary to guide their conference.
Thanks and we hope to hear from you soon,
Sam & Bec