- UES Season Swimming – a seasonal session for all swimmers in grades 3-5 who are looking to improve their skills but are not yet quite ready for the academy. All ability levels welcome – August 29th start, every Tuesday and Thursday from 15:40-16:30. Please complete the attached Entry Form Seasonal Try-out Aug 2017 and return to the swim office by August 28th.
- ISB Swim Academy Tryouts – for any students in grades 2-12 who want to be part of the year round ISB swim program and who want to compete and represent the school. This is a higher-level group and swimmers will be judged on their times across several events. If you are a swimmer and are ready for a challenge then this is for you. Time trials are September 4th, 6th and 8th after school, ES students from 15:35-16:30. Please complete the attached Entry Form Academy Try-out Sep 2017 and return to the swim office by September 1st.
- ASA Learn to Swim Program – open to all students in grades 1 and 2 who are beginner swimmers and are wanting to improve their basic skills in the water. Registration for this will be via the ASA Session 1 Registration week from August 28th-September 4th.
- Baby Dragons – is a development program for students in grades K-2 who are already on their way to being strong swimmers. Sessions and times will depend on chosen days on the form, which will begin from the week of November 28th until the end of the school year. Please complete the attached Entry form Baby Dragon Swimming 2017 and return to the swim office by November 23rd. Assessments for all new swimmers for this program take place on the 29th of November.
Important Information to Consider
- UES Swim Season is not open to children that make it into Swim Academy.
- Baby Dragons from last season may begin practices from November 28th.
- Grade K-2 – if your son/daughter is wishing to swim in the year-round program time trials, or being assessed for Baby Dragons in November then you MUST accompany them to the pool when these take place, they are not permitted to go alone. If you are not there to collect them from class on the designated day, they will be sent home as per their usual arrangement.
- To take part in either the time trials for The Swimming Academy, UES season or the Baby Dragons program, you MUST complete the relevant registration form attached and turn that back in to the pool office by the deadline dates.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unsure of your child’s ability, we would advise to schedule an appointment with the Aquatics Director to assess your child’s suitability for either the UES season or Academy offerings. Baby Dragons assessments will take place on November 29th but it must be stressed that for safety reasons, all Baby Dragon assessment swimmers should be able to swim 1 lap of Freestyle, Backstroke and Breaststroke.