Dear Parents & Guardians,
This Monday morning (16 Oct), ES Ed Tech Facilitators Bec Taylor and Sam Griffin will be running a workshop for parents on how to use Seesaw to enhance your child’s learning. You will have an opportunity to experience Seesaw from a learner’s perspective and practice feedback techniques that will help you, your child and our teachers to get the most out of this powerful and widely-used application.
Tea and coffee will be provided so please join us in the MS/HS Library classroom (room 1227) from 8:30am to 9:15am. Please ensure you have installed the Seesaw Family app on your phone so we can connect to your child’s Seesaw account.
Please be in touch if you have any queries. We hope to see you there!
Morning supervision starts strictly at 8:00am. There have been a lot of children arriving at school before this time. Please be mindful that, although I do arrive slightly before 8;00am, I use this time to get ready for the day and set up for your children’s learning experiences. If you arrive before 8:00am please remember that your children are your responsibility. You can either take them to the OLE (the big playground) and wait with them while they play or wait with them on the red carpet until a teacher is on supervision in the courtyard (the small playground). The same applies on an indoor day. The classroom door will be opened at 8:00am and your children are free to come in at that time and choose a morning activity.
Have a lovely weekend!
We have had such a great first week! It has been so lovely to get to know your children and meeting all the parents during our Meet and Greets this week. I look forward to a fabulous year ahead.
A few little reminders:
- Next week is the beginning of full days in Kinder. We finish at 3:25pm on a regular day and 2:25pm on Wednesdays.
- Supervision starts at 8am, if you arrive before 8am please stay with your child until an adult is out on the playground to ensure the children’s safety.
- Please remember to send in 8-10 photo or magazine clippings for your child’s writing folder. It would be great if they could be in by Friday August 25th so we can get the folders ready for the following week.
- At pick up, please leave your children to pack their bags independently. If they need support, Miss Jessica and I will be there. We ask all parents to line up along the wall on the red carpet side of our classroom to avoid blocking the hallway and will will bring the children out to you.
For your calendar:
- Back to School Night is on Tuesday August 29th from 6:30-8:00pm. This will be an opportunity for you to find out details about our Kindergarten Curriculum and what to expect this year at ISB.
- Individual school photos for KSJ are scheduled for 8:30am on Tuesday August 29th.
Thank you all for helping to make our first week together an enjoyable one. As mentioned in our Meet and Greets, I am always contactable via email if you have any questions and concerns. For photos and drawing of our first week, please take a look at the class display outside our room.
My name is Sally Jacka and I will be your child’s Kindergarten teacher. I am really looking forward to getting to know you and your family this year. Our year together will offer so many amazing opportunities for your child to shine and I can’t wait to be there alongside you to help guide and watch them grow academically, socially and emotionally.
I’m am originally from Australia, where I spent most of my spare time on the sandy beaches of the Gold Coast before moving to Melbourne to attend university. I began studying my Bachelor of Exercise Science before changing degrees and completing my Bachelor of Education degree, this was one of the best decisions I made as I truly love my job! After teaching for for 3 years, I decided to further my own education by completing a Master of Primary Mathematics Education, which is a particular passion of mine.
My partner and I moved to Beijing from London a year ago, where we both taught for 2 years. We loved our first year in China and at ISB and we look forward to another great year as part of the ISB community. I look forward to meeting you on Monday, for now here are a few photos of my partner and I doing one of the things we love most, travel.