Media Piece 1
Media Piece 2:
1. Now that it’s over, what are my first thoughts about this overall project? Are they mostly positive or negative? Be specific
My thoughts are quite neutral. I have no special feelings for this project in any way shape or form. Though the message of climate change is definitely one that needs to be spread, the execution of the unit was rather. Though I believe it poor, I do see it necessary to raise awareness and tackle the problem of climate change.
2. What were some of the most interesting discoveries I made while working on this project? About the problem? About myself?
One interesting discovery I made was realizing that lamb has a greater carbon equivalent than beef. This surprised me since I knew that cows release lots of methane so I believed beef to have the greatest carbon footprint.
3. What were some of my most challenging moments and what made them so?
The most challenging moment was the initial designing of my infographic. It is hard to visually represent climate change as it is a very gradual and almost invisible process, so it was difficult to find a general theme for my infographic.
4. What were some of my most powerful learning moments and what made them so?
My most powerful learning moment was learning about designing an infographic. A picture is in fact worth a thousand words.
5. What is the most important thing I learned personally?
I learned to plan ahead carefully and be flexible for any changes.
6. What most got in the way of my progress, if anything?
Time constraints. If I had more time perhaps I could’ve polished my website a little better.
7. If in a team, how well did I and my team communicate overall?
Not in a team though I did get feedback from peers throughout the process.
8. What did I learn were my greatest strengths? My biggest areas for improvement?
My greatest strength was my flexibility as I was able to change my project midway. Though, perhaps next time I should’ve had a more rock solid plan.
9. What would I do differently if I were to approach the same problem again?
Develop a better plan
10. What moments was I most proud of my efforts?
I’m generally quite proud of how my infographic turned out.