- Now that it’s over, what are my first thoughts about this overall project? Are they mostly positive or negative? Be specific
This is a good way to improve the awareness in our minds. The topic—Climate change is relevant to the study of chemistry and physics. Since its goal is to present our product to middle school kids, as the producer of the presentation, ourselves should have a decent amount of information about the climate change we are presenting. On the other hand, the middle-schoolers could also get a brief intro the issue of climate change.
- What were some of the most interesting discoveries I made while working on this project? About the problem? About myself?
I found deforestation is worse than I thought. People are cutting down the trees over than the demand. The rainforests in South America is decreasing in its area that will lead to a disappear soon.
- What were some of my most challenging moments and what made them so?
Among the whole project, the most difficult media is the painting book and the video, because it both takes a lot time to make. To be more specific, I use about 5 hours to finish my booklet. In the process, I failed twice. In the first time, I made an unsuitable size, and the second time I fail to put the paper together as a booklet. Alike the video Jay make, he uses more than 60 special effects.
- What were some of my most powerful learning moments and what made them so?
When I researched for the reliable sources. I could visit the websites that I was interested originally but didn’t visit, such like NASA. I was a great chance to look for these websites and learning specifically about the climate change of the factors including atmosphere, geosphere, biosphere, etc.
- What is the most important thing I learned personally?
We learned the connection among each factors of the climate change and could learned how to prevent them, especially in deforestation section.
- What most got in the way of my progress, if anything?
I think it will be mostly about the additional information I got about the issue. Every year, the topic of climate change is repeating. This time, by using reliable source then the sources like Wikipedia that we used few years ago, so we could make a progress of the sources and level of understanding the sources.
- If in a team, how well did I and my team communicate overall?
We had the conversation through wechat. And then we uploaded our sources to padlet.
- What did I learn were my greatest strengths? My biggest areas for improvement?
In most of the project, we decided to use the various designs such as game making, poster, movie making, etc. These designing areas improved tremendously than before. Also, by connecting the various causes of climate change, we could get deeper into the topic of the climate change with the reliable
- What would I do differently if I were to approach the same problem again?
I won’t choose to do the game making. I realized that my skill wasn’t enough to make the full game. Also, it’s not the effective as the other products to the real society although it was effective to the young kids.
- What moments was I most proud of my efforts?
JT: It was the moment when I finished my book. The book was short but contained tremendous information. Also, the photo I’ve drawn on the piece took huge time.
Jay: It was the moment when I finished game making. I tried to make the game as pokemon or Legend of Jelda, so the adults can think of their memories while students can get interest to the source, game.