Polymer journal 3

We want our polymer to be sticky enough to stay on an ear but not sticky enough to stick in hair or leave a gorse residue in a person’s ear.  We also wanted it to be malleable so it could fit to different people’s ears. We started with two batches stretch-tactic slime as the base polymer then we added two drops of borax to one and two drops of liquid starch to the other to see what would give the consistency we were looking for. We found that the starch had a very small effect on the polymer possibly because of the fact that it was one of the ingredients in the stretch-tactic but the borax did work when we added two drops and mixed it in to the slime. We tested our product by covering the microphone on an iPhone and measuring the difference with an app that can measure decibels.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *