Reflection on first quarter of Literature and Social Justice Class:
I have enjoyed what I’ve learned about the social justice issue of race and the texts, lyrics, and documentary linked to it.
I performed poorly on my formative socratic seminar, I was prepared but didn’t participate under the requirements of a socratic seminar. I performed well on my summative socratic seminar, I was well prepared and was involved in more ideas and conversations than what I had prepared.
I would give myself meetings in all of the Student as a Learner strands of the rubric but I need to work on using more literary terms when talking about a piece of literature.
In our Johari window activity, we had to take a personality test seeing if we see ourselves as others see us. I put in dependable, mature, trustworthy, accepting, kind and knowledgeable. Other people also thought I was dependable, mature and trustworthy but no one else thought that I was accepting, kind and knowledgeable. People said I was brave, complex, confident, friendly, logical, loving, proud, reflective, relaxed, searching, self-assertive, sentimental and witty.
This all of the main materials I need for my energy transfer device, except for a resistor and a bread board. I needed to get a bread board but the had none, so i tested it with open alligator clips
These are my finished copper coils along with a 9 volt battery, a transistor and a light. The light blew out when I was testing it the first time though`
-My product, through multiple tests, does not seem to work. The problem lies within my wiring of my circuit. I can’t find a way to fix it.
This is a model version with smaller materials. This model accurately shows how this device works, my model, however, does not work. The problem is in the wiring of the circuit (see the far left) and its configuration to the other devices.
For this Project, We had to study genetic disorders and how we could make people who are affected by these disorders comfortable.
The disease I had to study is called Pompe Disease, which causes muscle weakness from a build-up of glycogen (a complex sugar) in the lysosomes. The genetic disorder is caused by the lack of the GAA gene in the lysosomes making it harder to break glycogen into glucose.
The reason we researched these diseases is that we needed to find a more innovative way to help people with genetic disorders and a problem that people faced with the disorder I studied was getting upstairs
For the project, I created an escalator rail system which would be a more innovative and cost-effective product than the Stair Chair Lift. This product would be used by people with Pompe Disease, they would use it by laying their arms over the rails as it drags them up. The lift would be regulated with the speed of the user and would also have safety features that include Safety rails and an emergency pull.