This project took place during our study of quadratics. It was originally intended to be a chance for us to apply what we have learned to a real life problem. In this project we teamed up in groups of two to build our very own catapults. The goal for our catapult was to launch a table tennis ball consistently a set distance. After the catapult was built and we had found out the consistent distance of firing, we put the catapult to the test of hitting certain targets.
During this project we fully expressed the design process. When building the catapult, we constantly had to refine our original design plan. Many times we found out something did not work, and we had to replace the original design with other materials. Because the material available to us was different from what we wanted in our plan, we had to change some parts of our design to fit the material we had which was bit of a challenge, but we overcame it. if I was to do this project again, I would use a different design. Being in the lab once, I now have a better idea of what materials I have access to, and could possibly build a better catapult.