The things I did well in today’s socratic seminar are:
- I made proper eye contacts. Even though I used computer to keep track with my notes, I still look at the speakers to show my respect.
- I asked deep understanding questions, I asked some questions that are not only limited to what really happened, but to the symbolism. For instance, I asked what does the second basketball game, which is the one that Reardon beat Wellpinit, mean in a deeper understanding of the book.
- I built on others’ points and answered others’ questions.
- I analyzed cartoons in the book the pointed out important evidence inside. For example, I pointed out that most of the pictures on “Why I did actually miss a lot of school” are related to poverty and death, and this shows people in reservation are irrational.
The things I did not do well are:
- My language was not formal and precise, and I used words as “like” and “um” when speaking. I think this is because I was so afraid of speaking, and will improve later when I speak more.
- My sitting position is not really good, I did not sit upstraight.