Tag Archives: Personlize It

Project 300SL Cosmos

In this “Personalize it” ignite week, I decided to partner up with Christopher and build a car model kit plus some paint work. Christopher came up with the idea of doing car model kits and the videos that both he showed me and I watched on my own inspired me to do this project. Cars are our passion and we enjoy collecting car models, watching videos about cars, talking about cars, and even researching about cars. This is why we were so interested and excited about making our own car models. Christopher is the person who inspired me to do this because he is already experienced but I am only doing it for the first time. I think this process will be challenging because there are so much details included and I need to be very precise and focused. I think I will do great because I always do well on what I enjoy doing. The three pictures below are photos I took of the beginning of the whole process which I am currently in now:

Flat Six Engine of the car
Metallic Blue painted body part
Lower and upper frame structure of the car

It was challenging to assemble some little pieces for both the engine and the structure but I problem solved by sticking the pieces onto my finger, then gluing it to the whole thing. This is my plan for the whole ignite week:

In the continued process of Create and Improve, I made the interior of the car, assembled the doors and the front hooded, painted everything, putted the three layers/parts of the car together, and added a lot of little details to the whole car.


Three layers/part of the car

                                                                                          Finished product (Interior)The challenges I had with this car model kit was gluing the small parts to the whole car both in the exterior and the interior. I problem solved by using tweezers for some parts and using other methods and technics for other bigger parts. Doing this Ignite Week made me improve in both problem solving, endurance, patience skills.This is my Final Product: