My biggest success was the meerkats action. Even though it was thrown together fairly quickly, the meerkat bouncing up and down in and out of its box looks great. It looks even better from lower down, where the first graders would look at it from. They would have seen the meerkat poke its head from out of the box then duck back down.
One thing I’d like to change is the meerkats appearance. Although I think just putting a picture of a meerkat on a box looks better than anything we could’ve made, it doesn’t seem like we really completed the project this way. I would have liked to have been able to actually design a meerkat and paint it instead of just needing to paste a picture.
If I did this again, one thing I would do differently is I would spend much less time creating the box as the home of the meerkats. We spent over half of the classes creating this, and it wasn’t even close to the most important piece. We should have spent this time creating the meerkats or making them move.