Logger pro math project

The logger pro math project is a math project where we had to record 3 different videos of 3 different throws with different velocities and heights. We were then tasked with plotting the data sets and making a movie that describes accurately and pointing out information like maximum height, initial height, final height, maximum speed, and minimum speed.

I learned nothing in general in the activity that relates with math. I did, however, learn about the new features about logger pro and how to carry a team. A thing my group did well was find something to do that helps me while I work on making a movie for the team.

 

What lies behind what we don’t know

Throughout this experience, the steps James and I followed was a rather strange one, compared to many other groups. Firstly, ¬†what we did find pollution videos on youtube and download them if they are suitable for our movie. What we did next was take a film first and then make a script depending on what we liked and what we didn’t like. After that, we took another video for the movie, but then we made it too obvious we were reading off of a script, and therefore we had to film again. In fear of screwing up, however, we decided to make one of those old-fashioned movies where it’s black and white without sound, therefore covering up our script issues. However, sometimes the lips do not sync, which is why I fear that the audience may notice our mistake. However, I believe that James and I did our best, and that the audience should accept nothing more or less than the developer’s full effort. What I learned was that it is PAINFUL to make a movie, since me and James devoted hours of our time just trying to find the right amount of time for the subtitles we included so that the audience could eventually read everything without the need to read faster than they are comfortably with. In addition to that, the videos had to be longer if we made the subtitles longer, and that forced us to change the speed of the music in our video, which lead to even more problems, since I only know how to change the music and its pitch along with the speed, and we wanted to keep the pitch the same, which forced me to spend time listening to the whole thing, listening for anything that sounds remotely wrong. Eventually, James and I finished this and learned not to be movie directors.

 

Polymer blog 5

In the end, this project was very valuable for me as a student as a learner and as a learner. I learned about the many ways that chemicals bonded to form polymers, and the difficulties of creating a product for me and my team. Another challenge for me and my team was time management. While we got the planning sequence done in around a day, we spent long periods of time refining our recipes and finding the exact solution for things, since we often randomly made things and then attempted to recreate the polymer. Over all, the end product was not close to what we wanted, but definitely huge compared to what we had originally.