Factors of Costume Design:
3. Social Status
5. Geographic Location
6. Occasion or Activity
7. Time of Day
8. Season – weather
9. Historical Period
10. Psychological Factors/Personality/Emotion
Costume Design Vocab:
- Costume Rendering: a sketch of a costume
- Swatch: a fabric sample
- Building: making a costume
- Costume Parade: a procession where actors wear their costumes under the lights to ensure the compatibility of the colors.
- Costume Plot: an outline that describes the colors, fabrics, and accessories for each costume design; kept by wardrobe manager
- Wardrobe Manager: the person responsible for creating costume plot and caring for costumes during rehearsals and performances.
- Dressers: assistants who help with costume changes and help care for costumes
- Quick Change: switching costumes quickly during a performance.