- What did I learn about how writers use language to create a humorous effect?
After the final Humor lesson, I learned not only what types of techniques there are, but also how to use multiple methods to create humor, how to bring it up, how to make the technique more efficient.
- What are some things that I would still like to learn more about with respect to this topic?
I would like to learn more about defining Poem humor. Compare Play humor and Poem humor, I think Poem humor is a bit more challenging to identify, there’re many poems that I can’t get a sense of humor, so I had t go find lyrics that I understand.
- Did I achieve the SMART goal I set for myself in this unit? Why or why not?
I think I did achieve the smart goal, but not 100 present. My smart goal is to define humor techniques, I gain improvement never the less, but I think I could get more revisions, I still sometimes struggle with poem humor, and would be better to define it easier.
- What was particularly challenging about this unit?
I think the challenge in this unit is about defining the different usage of different techniques, what are the relationship between them. This is very useful in humor, it gives much stronger humor after knowing how to use the relationships between different techniques.
- What successes did I have?
For some of the plays, I quickly defined what techniques they used to get a sense of humor. I think this is what I succeeded. In the Alan Ayckbourn play, I can identify the A Talk in the park quickly and efficiently.
- To what extent did I meet the Student as a Learner (SAL) criteria of “Responsibility” and “Attitude”?
I don’t think I reached the SAL Responsibility. Nearly every part of the assignment’s deadline was so long ago, I couldn’t submit everything on time, and didn’t take it very seriously. This is a severe problem and had to change in the future, I think the only Responsibility I had was I finished it, and that’s it.
- In what ways do I still need to grow with respect to these two SALs?
Nearly every part of the assignment’s deadline was so long ago, I couldn’t submit everything on time, and didn’t take it very seriously. This is a severe problem and had to change in the future,
- What goals do I have for my learning in English 10?
Changing all the mistakes I had done before: Responsibility, Attitude, and others.