Journal 5 Reflect

Reflection

Our group followed the design process. We had a very solid plan for fixing containers. Everyone took part in our group when constructing the polymer. We all discussed together for the formula of the polymer. When we found problems about the polymer, for example when we found both prototype 1 and 2 not working, we got an alternative for the materials used now. In that scenario, we replaced gloop with bio-plastics and got back on track.

 

We made a story based on a real-life incident where someone actually dropped a bottle and we had to fix it. Although we over-dramatized the “what happened”, the panelists and classmates still understood the purpose of our product. We included the goals, obstacles, and formula for our polymer. One thing to improve on would be to make the presentation more real. By that I mean we should tell a story that is valid. We should decrease the level of entertainment and replace that with some more data collected and that would be more convincing to the panelists.

 

Looking at the ingredients and the feedback of peers, we did a great job of caring for our environment. At first, our group did not have a product that is bio-degradable. Prototypes 1 and 2 used more than 50% of synthetic materials. To improve on that, our group changed our major ingredient from gloop to bio-plastics. As we all know, bio-plastics is 100% self-degradable and does not include any synthetic materials. Our product is definitely sustainable.

This entry was posted in Science and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *