If I did this again, one thing I would do differently is that instead of just gluing and then painting the pieces of the body or the head, or any part of the unicorn, I would use masking tape to cover up the seams and then paint the parts so it looks more put-together. Another thing I would do differently is that I would use double-sided tape to attach the legs because the legs fell off very often when I used hot glue to attach them to the body. When one of the legs fell off, I used some double-sided tape to attach them back on because we were in a hurry and the hot glue wasn’t ready yet. Surprisingly, that leg never fell off again.
One piece of advice I would give a future student doing this project is to use different adhesives for different situations, because hot glue may not work for all media. Another advice I would give to future students doing this project is to make a big plan to follow at the beginning because just winging what you are doing isn’t going to help with the time you have and making the project. My group just winged the project and measurements as we went, although our project turned out pretty good, there’s still a lot of changes I would make to it if I get to do the project again.
Overall, I think this product was successful because when the first-graders came over to our robot petting zoo, they really enjoyed playing around with our unicorn. Many of the kids came back multiple times and took many videos and pictures of our unicorn. I would also consider this successful on a personal level because I really enjoyed making our unicorn, and it made me really happy to see our unicorn create memories for those kids.
Somethings I value from my design is the structure that shows a shape of a unicorn, and the ribbons as the mane and tail because it not only added a pop of colour to our plain white unicorn, it also added a fantasy-like quality. The purple-white-blue colour scheme added a mythical, magical feel to our robot.