Lamp for Zoe
Her interests are dinosaur, dancing, flowers, bubbles, paintings. Therefore, I decided to make a dinosaur lamp because not also the user is interested in the product but also me. Since Zoe is only 8 years old young, she might not be able to sleep alone as there are fewer lights in the night. So, this product can benefit Zoe from sleeping at night by seeing what she is interested in and both having some lights.
To make an attractive product, I decided to make a dinosaur lamp. The first step I did is I sketched different shapes of products. After that I had a design idea that I want to make, it was a dinosaur head fossil in which lights leaks through the nose and eyes. I made the product first with cardboard briefly. After that, I wanted to make the product more sophisticated so, I found a picture of a fossil and Lazer cut with wood. Then, I stuck the cardboard around the edges and glue gun it. To put the lamp inside the product, I made a little hole behind. Also, my first idea was to make an amber fossil. However, due to not enough resources, I moved to fossil. Despite the change of the idea, I colored the plastic paper into amber rock color and stuck it in the fossil model. Therefore, I was able to get orangish light.
These are some design ideas that I posted on my padlet
These are the question/feedback I received for my product.
Is there anything about the lamp that doesn’t make sense?
no, it all makes sense and comes together really well.
is there anything about the lamp that looks unappealing?
No, I think it looks really cool. However, there is one thing that’s a bit off and that’s the hot glue on the side of the wood and the cardboard
Is there any part that should be improved?
It would be cool if it was brighter but that’s based on limited resources. Also, if there was a bottom jaw, in my opinion, that would look better but it still looks really good as it is. The yellow screen might be able to look better if it was more aligned with the outline of the skull and also painted smoothly but that is not that big of a deal with a prototype.
There are small things you could improve such as the glue and the yellow screen on the side, but other than that I think it looks really cool.
My response to the feedback.
I agree with the feedback for the hot glue that remained on the side of my product and the cardboard that is kind of messy since the cut parts.
I also agree with the jaw statement that it would have looked better with the jaws. The reason that I reduced the jaw was not only the time that I had but also the resources.