My Design Sketch was taken and thrown away by George while we were working because we used my Sketch to often refer to when making the Door.
My biggest obstacle was working with the amount and size of the gold paper. At first, we wanted to cut out the Chinese characters individually but we aligned the Character really of centre and just sloppy in general. So we decided to cover the Character, we did this by printing the characters onto the gold paper. But the paper had really strange dimensions so we had to cut each piece of paper and some wouldn’t print so we had to cut them and put them on the paper by hand.
One thing I’d like to change is the alignment of the door, nothing is really done with much exact precision because we were rushing and it was pretty messy. I would just take more time to do everything a bit more meticulously.
One piece of advice I would give a future student doing this project is to manage your time when doing the project. My group while we finished early we still didn’t manage our time well. In the end, there were still many imperfections on the door.
Feedback from Door owner:
Messy, unorganized, and could be improved.
Links and pictures of things that inspired our design.