Phones should be Banned in school
By:Bryan T 7-5
Phones should be banned in school because it is a distraction to students. In addition, it allows chaeting which will affect grades and an unfair advantage. some say that phones should not be banned because students need to communicate, but there is more disadvantage than advantage.
One reason why phones should be banned in school is because it is a distraction. Forexample, an advanced chemistry teacher at Decatur said that she allowes students to use phones as a calculator, but they are more of a distraction because students might not be using their calculator app but games or social apps. Another example is that students can text during class instead of listening to the teacher. An experiment has ran with 118 Rutgers, phones did not lower their comprehension exam, but their end-of-term exam was lowered by atleast 5% percent or even have a grade. This shows that, phones will lower the grades and school’s job is to educate students to get a good grade, students’ grade will keep on lowering if school doesn’t ban phone. So, Phones should be banned in school
Another reason why phones should be banned in school is because it allows cheating. Forexample, students can search up the answer on their phone for the exam. In addition, students can send answers to other students and also students can send the test questions to other students and also send the test questions to student who didn’t ake the test which then the student will know what to study or what to remember. A survey by Pew Research Center has found that 35% percent of students have admit that they cheated in tests with their phone and the other 65% percent of students that took the same survey has said that they saw students cheating with their phone during tests. Tehrefore, students will have an unfair advantage. So, phones should be banned in school
Some say that phones should not be banned in school because students need a phone to communicate with their parents and incase of an emergency. In addition, Peter Brosnan auther of “Smart Phones, Smart Kids” said that “many parents and students rely on cellphones to keep in touch in case plans change after school.” However, schools will provide phones and some schools will even provide emails so as recieving messages, “if our game is cancelled due to weather or anything else changes in our schedule, our administrator sends a notice to all parents immediatly.” This shows that students does not need their own phone, but instead they can just find any staff to contact their parents . Therefore, phones should still be banned in school.
Overall, phones should be banned in school because it is a distraction and it allows cheating. Also, there is more of an unfair advantage and disadvantage than advatage. Also,