Lip balm Trial 2 Cindy
Is the texture good?
Does the scent smell good or too strong?
What should I change about it?
Yes A little hard
Good, I like lemon Too strong
Change a scent Don’t dump essential oil in your lip balm and add more shea butter
Mom Maddie Sister
Yes Softer than your first one Yes
A little strong Good smell Yes, lemon smells good
Next time add less scent Don’t forget to add scent in Nothing 😀
Ok, so I might have forgot to put essential oils RIGHT AFTER the wax and oil was melted. Therefore, it has no smell and there was a lockdown when I had already poured the mixture in, so I didn’t get to put essential oil in. Then I WANTED to drop A FEW drops in after it was solid (BAD IDEA) and I dropped like 10 drops in by accident but I poured some out. Now there is smell on the tip of the lip balm and none on the rest. Next time, I should look at the instructions carefully. I would change a scent for my trial 3 because I’ve been using lemon every time.
After recipe Before recipe
- 1.35 1.38g Beeswax Pellets. 42.80
- 1.07 1.01g Shea Butter. 28.80 30.00
- 0.93g Coconut oil 60.0
- 2-3 drops Essential Oil = 0.15g
divided by 28
- Weigh the 1.35g of beeswax and 1.07g of shea butter on the electronic balance
- Pour in 1.93g of coconut oil
- Place the beaker onto the hot plate
- Put the heat on low and slowly stir it until it stops bubbling
- Remove the beaker from the hot plate
- Next drop 2-3 drops of essential oil for flavor
- Chill for a few seconds
- Pour into the lip balm mold
- Then you wait