These last few weeks we have worked on a big project for our grade for the semester. this link is to what I came up with at the beginning of the assignment. Link to Plan I did this project with Scott, he did the torch that goes above the box. I was confident that this would work. On the first day, I coded the instructions onto my Circuit Playground Express. In the next class, I did the actual making of the box. I glued the box together and left it to dry, next I sprayed four sides of the box but can’t do the top and bottom because it is impossible to flip it. then I let it dry, and the next class I did the bottom.
The very next class I went to the design lab to finish my box, then Ms. Kim told me that I needed to simplify my project. So I canceled the spray paint for the box because I wouldn’t complete it in time. So I started the sewing, I first put my Circuit Playground Express onto the fabric and the speaker, and now I don’t have time to finish it. the most important lesson I had is to make sure your project is compatible with the deadline. Before you start, you must let the teacher know what you’re working on so you can at least complete it. Another lesson I learned is always let the teacher know what you are doing at all times.
The code part is fairly easy to get the touchpads done, but the output is not that easy because I wanted the sound to come out of the speaker. the code just doesn’t want to work. I tinkered about this for a long time and I finally got it right. Now I know how to use everything on Make code, just because trying to find out how to output from A0.
Then another thought came over me, the sewing. the sewing is the main part of the project so I got to sew some of it in class but I finished it in time. Then it wouldn’t work. I checked my code and it has nothing wrong. I also made my dad check it, but it is still wrong. I suspected it to be the hardware’s fault. I tested the speaker with other pins and it worked. So I re-sewed it and it worked. Then it hit me, I didn’t think about the time left for the project. I had to rush and do everything. After simplifying almost everything, I finished.
This is the code I have been tinkering with the whole time.