In this unit on product design, we created a lightbox that features a landscape; where we have been to or have missed because of COVID-19. In this prosses, we learned how to use a tool called Adobe Illustrator, where it helps us to arrange/create shapes for our lightbox layers. We also used several websites like thenounproject.com, which helps us to find shapes and icons to later be implemented in Illustrator.                                                                                               The landscape I choose is Beijing, CCTV tower. I had a little struggle on what landscape I should make since I didn’t have somewhere that I missed. Finally I landed on Beijing since I have lived here since I was born. Then I choose to make the Central China Television building because that was where I have lived in the first six years of my life, until I moved to Shun Yi.
ㅤㅤ            ㅤ      

During my second layer, my obstacle was merging shapes together. Turns out that there are a lot of steps I missed to get to the actual step to merge the shape. This layer took me three classes to finish, including researching. It might not look much but I struggled a lot. The biggest obstacle I had was my third layer. The city. It was hard enough to find an appropriate image, but I also have to remove the windows one by one. Later, a skill I learnt to solve a lot of the problems was Preview. You could freely change the shape and details on the icon, so it was very convenient. After that, everything else was much easier. For future students who are going to use Illustrator, an advice would be to use and change your icon in preview before you insert it to Illustrator.
Something I like to change is to inert the LED lights behind the tower, so it feels more alive, but it was insanely hard. Instead, I put the lights behind the buildings (which was also very hard) and it turned out great.
Overall, I think that my lightbox was a success (kind of) because it had a great effect, and the layers had a reasonable spacing. I think that there are a lot of places I could improve on. For example, there are chunks of hot glue since my wires keep popping off, and the paint looks rough because I painted the layers too light. To summarize, I think that this unit of product design was very fun, and I also learned a lot of new tools too.