In this unit we combined everything we learned together and designed our final project. For me, I designed a Minecraft Torch. I was supposed to attach my project to my friend’s but we ran out of time. This project includes coding and sewing, and a whole lot of problem solving.
My project is a little different than my previous projects, since its more complicated. At first I thought of building a frame to hold the felt. I wasn’t sure on what material to use at first, but I did think of what shape I should use for the frame. At first I decided on cylinder poles for the frame since its a better grip. Latter I found out that I need to scrap that idea since I figured that its harder to attach them together. Therefore, I settled on square polls. I decided on wood since its easier to cut.
When I started to make the frame, I ran into a lot of problems. At first the only problems were the cuts were not strait and its hard to attach to everything else. Later I ran into another problem. I had inaccurate measurements and I had to cut everything to the same length. Then I ran into my third problem. I was supposed to make a smaller frame to fit inside my outer frame to fit my circuits on, but I forgot about the thickness or the wood, therefore I had to redo it in a from of thinner wood.
Something I learned from this class is that I have to check and double check my measurements. I also learned about coding and how it works, since I never did it before.
In this unit of circuits, Our class were assigned to make a pin/bookmark. We are suppose to incorporate a LED on to our project.
I chose to make a pin since I figure that its more space compact and easier to carry around. The pin could come all shapes and sizes whereas the bookmark could only be a certain size. As for the design, I took inspiration from Pokémon and made a quick ball to monument the day that I caught a Dialga with one. I also made a lightning and a grass block design from Clash Royale, Shocktober Season 16, and Minecraft. Eventually I chose to make the quick ball since I want to challenge myself. I also wanted to make a Minecraft waxed_semiweathered-cut-copper-stairs, but decided not to.
So I started to make my pin. At first the design was decently easy, since it was just a flat background. Then there is a slight problem with my pattern on my design . I did not measure the angle of the pattern, so I had to go back to the drawing board. After I finished the pattern that goes on my quick ball, its time to make the separation line from the top half and the bottom half of the ball. At first I decided that I was going to make the center dot and the line two different layers, but decided to make it one to make sure that the LED fits through.
What was hard for me was the sewing. I didn’t have a lot of experience on it and the battery holder was blocking the way. It was also hard to sew the small parts together, and eventually I glued them all up.