Scott

Its GameBot180

Category: design

Circuits C-4 Reflection

In this unit of circuits, Our class were assigned to make a pin/bookmark. We are suppose to incorporate a LED on to our project.

I chose to make a pin since I figure that its more space compact and easier to carry around. The pin could come all shapes and sizes whereas the bookmark could only be a certain  size. As for the design, I took inspiration from Pokémon and made a quick ball to monument the day that I caught a Dialga with one. I also made a lightning and a grass block design from Clash Royale, Shocktober Season 16, and Minecraft. Eventually I chose to make the quick ball since I want to challenge myself. I also wanted to make a Minecraft waxed_semiweathered-cut-copper-stairs, but decided not to.

So I started to make my pin. At first the design was decently easy, since it was just a flat background. Then there is a slight problem with my pattern on my design . I did not measure the angle of the pattern, so I had to go back to the drawing board. After I finished the pattern that goes on my quick ball, its time to make the separation line from the top half and the bottom half of the ball. At first I decided that I was going to make the center dot and the line two different layers, but decided to make it one to make sure that the LED fits through.

What was hard for me was the sewing. I didn’t have a lot of experience on it and the battery holder was blocking the way. It was also hard to sew the small parts together, and eventually I glued them all up.

Product Design: Smell Prototype

ㅤㅤ

In this product design unit, we designed a prototype for a smell detector. What I thought of is a phone case. The back of the case is the detector ; the stripes/ holes are where the detector extracts the smell and prosses it. Then it transfers the information through 5G into your APP. At the bottom left is where the battery goes. It’s a cool feature and I’m proud of it.

Product Design Lightbox Reflection

In this unit on product design, we created a lightbox that features a landscape; where we have been to or have missed because of COVID-19. In this prosses, we learned how to use a tool called Adobe Illustrator, where it helps us to arrange/create shapes for our lightbox layers. We also used several websites like thenounproject.com, which helps us to find shapes and icons to later be implemented in Illustrator.                                                                                               The landscape I choose is Beijing, CCTV tower. I had a little struggle on what landscape I should make since I didn’t have somewhere that I missed. Finally I landed on Beijing since I have lived here since I was born. Then I choose to make the Central China Television building because that was where I have lived in the first six years of my life, until I moved to Shun Yi.
ㅤㅤ            ㅤ      

During my second layer, my obstacle was merging shapes together. Turns out that there are a lot of steps I missed to get to the actual step to merge the shape. This layer took me three classes to finish, including researching. It might not look much but I struggled a lot. The biggest obstacle I had was my third layer. The city. It was hard enough to find an appropriate image, but I also have to remove the windows one by one. Later, a skill I learnt to solve a lot of the problems was Preview. You could freely change the shape and details on the icon, so it was very convenient. After that, everything else was much easier. For future students who are going to use Illustrator, an advice would be to use and change your icon in preview before you insert it to Illustrator.
Something I like to change is to inert the LED lights behind the tower, so it feels more alive, but it was insanely hard. Instead, I put the lights behind the buildings (which was also very hard) and it turned out great.
Overall, I think that my lightbox was a success (kind of) because it had a great effect, and the layers had a reasonable spacing. I think that there are a lot of places I could improve on. For example, there are chunks of hot glue since my wires keep popping off, and the paint looks rough because I painted the layers too light. To summarize, I think that this unit of product design was very fun, and I also learned a lot of new tools too.

What Did the Cup-Insulator Say to the Cup?—”Whats-cup bro?”



In science, we are assigned to a project. in this project, we are supposed to design a cup insulator to prevent the contents inside drop temperature.
For the cup insulator, the most thing I’m proud of is that how we did all the calculations, how we put the insulator together, and how we made it so its really easy to remove. If we could re-do the insulator, then I will make the lid attached to the main part. The hardest thing to do during the project is that how we rapped our insulator around the cup since its thick.

da design stuff

my biggest success was when i made the kids happy. my biggest obstacle was stabblalizing the whole game. skills that i learned was using the drill. 1 thing i like to change is the “hook” that “hooks” the kids. 1 concern was that when the retrivers did not work. if i did this again, i would do a different game

9.

 

© 2021 Scott

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑

Skip to toolbar