- Design choice – I chose to make a boombox because I wanted to challenge myself to make a boombox. I also really like the retro aesthetic.
- Color – I chose to make this boombox silver because it looks realistic.
- Buttons and engravings – I chose to do these engravings because the picture I based it off of had two lines going down the middle and something that looked like a cassette player in the middle. I chose not to do the cassette player because I felt that it would be to complicated. I chose to do the buttons because it is realistic.
- Engraved speaker, not a real one – I chose to have the one side of the speaker engraved because it would not be practical to have two speakers in one boombox.
- Vents – I chose to have vents on the back of my boombox because I looked up pictures of old school boomboxes, and they have vents on the back to keep the boombox from overheating. The vents on mine are purely decorative, but they help not to have a blank back.
- Chip on top – I chose to have the chip on the top because I realized when I was gluing it, that my original plan to have the chip on the bottom left would not work, because I chose to cut out the wrong speaker hole. It ended up being okay though, because I decided to flip the back piece around to have the chip on top.