My design is called The Popcorn Filter. it is used to reduce the waste made by throwing out the uneatable popcorn kernels. To use this device you start off by cooking a bag of popcorn in the microwave. when finished, use the filter to poke hole in the bottom of the bag and let the kernels flow out into a bowl. Next you re-cook the kernels in your bowl and you have a full bags worth of popcorn.
My biggest success was photographing my design. It was my biggest success because I found a good spot in one of my shelves which made the design stand out against the background.
My biggest obstacle that I hit along the way was cutting the handle out for the device. I found this difficult because I’m not a skilled cutter and it was a complicated shape.
Something I would change next time would be the materiel. I would change this because cardboard is not a strong materiel.Instead I could cut up some thin plastic scraps because they are more reliable.(This is the most photos I could put)
The biggest struggle I had making my speaker was gluing in the buttons. It was a struggle because first I had to make a platform for my circuit Board to rest on, next once I had glued it to the platform I had to use super glue to get the individual pieces of wood to glue onto the board.
A New skill I learned in this unit was learning how to use affinity designer and laser cutting. I think these skills will be useful at my new school if I sign up for design.
The first song I’m going to play is: Everybody Dance Now.
I’m going play this song Because it makes me want to move and grove!
1) I think my design is good because…It looks cool and it works.
2) it involves strategy
3) its good quality, in other words in going to take a really long time to brake. (lots of hot glue :p)
1) One problem it has is that it’s sometimes hard to get the ball into one of the cups. But sometimes you need a good challenge!
2) Another problem is that the ping pong ball isn’t bouncy enough
3) the bottom pice of card board is not quite big enough, so I had to make some changes it doesn’t look perfect (it still works ;D)
I have never experienced heat transferring from one object to another.
The only thing that is difficult for science this year is managing DX , everything else is fine.
I could check DX more.