During my design classes, I have been working on my cardboard arcade game. My biggest success was that I was able to make my game really steady and straight, because otherwise the balls would not have gone properly and there would be no way to get points.
The biggest challenge I faced was to stop the balls from getting stuck. Although it is a little hard to see in the photos, the ball, after getting scoring a point, was supposed to go rolling down the path at the bottom, and show up in the basket (the basket saying THANK YOU FOR PLAYING). However, about 1/3 of the throws were not successful because the height of the path was not big enough. Therefore, I took my game apart, and added another layer. In the end, the balls were able to move smoothly.
One of the skills that I developed during this design process was cutting cardboard pieces using the blades.
One concern I had was the difficulty of my game. I assumed that my game would be pretty easy to get points, so I created a hard version path with 5 obstacles trying to stop the ball from moving forward.
If I did this again, one thing I would do differently is to create more stages, not just the hard stage and the stage without it.
One piece of advice I would give a future student doing this project is that having a leaderboard or a place to write the high score would make the game more exciting, because the players would be desperate to beat the high score.
Overall, I believe my product was successful because I solved all of the annoying problems,