The Edison robot is a powerful, engaging tool for teaching Elementary students computational thinking and computer programming in a hands-on way.
With built-in sensors as well as lights, sounds and autonomous behaviour capabilities, Edison makes robotics education accessible to students of all ages.
- Respond to light and sound
- Follow lines and avoid obstacles
- Communicate with other Edison robots
- Connect to other Edison robots and LEGO bricks
- And much more!
Edison robots can be programmed in different ways to suit students’ age/ability:
- Printable barcodes that the robot reads as it drives over (simple)
- “Ed Blocks” drag and drop block graphic language coding that students perform on iPad (intermediate)
- “EdWare” hybrid coding app (block or script) (UES)
- “EdPy” line based script coding using Python (advanced)
We can work with you and your team to plan some discrete or integrated robotics activities using Edison robots. Currently we have around 30 robots based in the ES Design Lab that we can play with in either the lab or in classrooms.