ES PARENT COFFEE
- When: Tuesday, November 20th, from 8:30 – 10:00
- Where: Upper Dance Studio (inside the Dome)
- What: Come join the ES Leadership Team and learn about the differentiation and teaching strategies being used to accommodate and serve the range of children at ISB.
Message from Swimming: BABY DRAGONS SWIM PROGRAM: Our Baby Dragon Swim Program will begin on December 5th. This program is a bridge program for swimmers to extend beyond the ASA and start preparing to develop their strokes for competitive swimming. This program centers around FUNdamentals. We are inviting swimmers who are able to swim down the length of the pool (25m) in three different strokes; Freestyle, Backstroke and Breaststroke. Although the technique at this stage does not need to be perfect, we need to consider safety and ensure that swimmers have the beginnings of these strokes and can manage to move down the pool in a practice setting.
On December 5th, from 2:30pm – 3:30pm, we will run an assessment to look at all potential Baby Dragons that are interested in the program. Some swimmers have already been chosen from ASA Session 1, so these swimmers will not be required to attend the assessment. Already identified Baby Dragons will start with a practice on December 5th while others continue to be assessed.
For any new swimmers that were not seen during ASA Session 1, please fill in the registration form and drop it off in the Swim Pool Mail Box before November 29th.
Chosen Baby Dragon’s will practice every Wednesday from 2:30PM – 3:30PM until we conclude with a final swim meet opportunity – The Baby & Little Dragon Invitational Meet, which takes place on Wednesday, May 22nd. Baby Dragons are not required to sign up with the ASA early years swimming program. Sign-ups are managed through the swim office.
Wednesday, December 5th Assessment – Parents will need to bring their children to this assessment at the pool. Our ASA program will be taking place at the same time, so coaches and teachers will be collecting those students. We will need parent help to bring swimmers to the pool on this first day.
Requirements before Baby Dragon practices begin:
- All Baby Dragons should be competent to change on their own. Coaches or teachers will not be assisting swimmers in the change rooms to get changed. Please practice this at home. Parents will not be allowed in the change rooms.
- Bring your own swim suit, cap and goggles. These will not be left at the pool and should be taken home after every practice.
- We provide towels, so no need to bring your own.
- 200RMB – This program carries a very small fee that covers a t-shirt, swim cap and allows these little ones to participate in a few swim meets from March until May. This fee will be collected after we decide on who will be in the program and fees are payable to the box office.
Although practices are on a Wednesday which is at the same time as our early years ASA. This program is different to the ASA program, and forms part of our bridge program for swimmers to extend beyond into more competitive stroke development.If you have any further questions you can send in an enquiry to the following:
Hard copies of this assessment flyer are available at the swimming pool, or you can download the attached form.
Entry form for Baby Dragon 2018
Please print, complete and return to the swim pool mailbox. We are looking forward to seeing all our little ones on the 5th of December,
Message from Activities Office: ASA Session 1 Make Up Week and ASA Session 2 Start
Session 1 of After School Activities (ASAs) concluded last week. The make up week for some missed Session 1 ASAs will take place this week (The week of November 19th). Please read through the list below to see which activities will take place this week (please note that not all Session 1 activities will have make-ups).
Registration for Session 2 of ASA closed this Monday. Parents will receive an email with their child’s confirmed activities by Friday, November 23, and Session 2 will start on Monday, November 26. If you have any questions about ASAs, please contact;