Friday, October 30, is the last day of Quarter 1 for the Middle School. We will celebrate the end of the quarter and our 40th Anniversary year by wearing Blue and White clothing to school on Friday.
Next week we will be communicating with you about your Middle School child in two important ways:
- On Wednesday, November 4, in the afternoon, we will send you the Quarter 1 Progress Report. This is not a final report card, but rather an update for you at the mid-point of Semester 1. I hope that it will give you enough information to have great conversations with your child about how their classes are going this year, and where they might need to adjust their efforts in certain classes. Semester 1 will continue until December 18.
- On Thursday, November 5, and Friday, November 6, we will hold Parent-Student-Teacher Conferences.
- Students should stay home on November 5 and 6.
- Middle School students should attend the online conferences with their parents. (Note this is not the expectation for ES or HS.)
- Students and parents should connect to the conferences using the student’s school computer. We will use Microsoft Teams. The student computers are set up to use the software.
- Parents can sign up via PowerSchool. Sign-ups are open now and close at 12:00 noon on Wednesday, November 4. See Dragons’ Gate for more information. Please contact the Middle School office at 8149 2345 if you need assistance.
- On the day of the conferences, the links for the individual conferences will be listed on PowerSchool, on the same page where parents made the appointments.
We look forward to developing our partnership with you next week! If you cannot attend the conferences, you may contact individual teachers at any time to set up other times to talk about your child.
Thank you for choosing ISB to serve your family’s educational needs!
Dr. Jon Hill
ISB Middle School Principal